Here are the rules for any who wish to join in, as well! You can find the original rules and post >>here<<. :)
1) How old is your great-grandfather now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel (ancestor name list). Who is that person?
3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."
4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook or Google Plus note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.
5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick a grandparent, a parent, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!
My great-grandfather, Alex Gombash, was born on 07 Nov 1896 in Tiszadob, Szabolcs county, Hungary. If he were to be alive today, he would be 114 years old. Divided by four is 28.5, so I'll round up to 29.
My number 29 ancestor is listed as Anna Weishaupt (1867-1951); here is her entry:
29. Anna Weishaupt was born on 06 May 1867 in Graber, Auscha District, Leitmeritz, Bohemia. She was the daughter of Joseph Weishaupt and Maria Anna Kasper. She was married to Johann Phillip Julius "John" Stuempges on 28 Sep 1887 at Newburgh's Corner, La Crosse County, Wisconsin. She died on 11 Jan 1951 at Antigo, Langlade County, Wisconsin. (Picture: Anna Weishaupt with husband John Stuempges and children, circa 1897.)
Three facts about Anna Weishaupt:
1) Anna was an ethnic German from Bohemia, immigrating as a two year old child on 10 Jun 1869 aboard the ship Helvetia.
2) Anna had a total of 11 children, 9 of them living to be adults and have children of their own. If she were to live to see all her grandchildren born, she would have had 28 grandchildren.
3) Anna had diabetes. I don't know which type and the severity of it, though. (I honestly don't know too much about diabetes to begin with). I was told by my great-aunt (sister to my grandmother..granddaughters of Anna), that my great-grandmother (Anna's daughter-in-law) was the family member to give Anna her insulin shots.
Category: ahnentafel, Auscha District, Bohemia, Gombash, Graber, Kasper, La Crosse County, Leitmeritz, Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, Stuempges, Weishaupt 0 comments