Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tiszadob, Hungary: Eszter Tóth's Ancestry & Family; March 08, 2008

It's been a while since I last wrote, so I decided to write a new entry.  I've done an extensive amount of research in the Tiszadob church parish registers.  In my first entry I mentioned how I had 1,255 individuals from Tiszadob in my database.  After just under a month's worth of research, I now have 1,602.. that's 347 new individuals!

I've also received an email from a wonderful woman named Linda (Toki) Walters, who is a distant relative of ours through the Bódogh family.  Her contacting me with information has added a whole new line of descendancy information to the family tree!

I've recently been thinking about adding a section to the website devoted to the nobility of Tiszadob, which involves our family.. and those that tie into our family.  Of the 1,602 individuals in my database, 699 of them are of noble birth.. so far.  I'm sure I've skipped a few that I need to find.  They're mostly from these families:

Balogh

Dancs

Péchy

Tóth

Baráth

Jánossy

Porkoláb

Zákány


Bódogh

Lakatos

Szük

.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to research the history of my Porkolab family, on my mother's side. So far, I have been able to trace it back to my great-great-grandmother, ZSophia Porkolab.

    Stories are that my family, on my mother's side, comes from Hungarian Nobility, and I am quite interested in learning more about where I come from.

    Maybe, there is a connection between your Porkolab family and mine?

    Calinda Reed

    ReplyDelete